Legal Representation

One way to avoid becoming a victim is to talk to a reputable attorney, a trusted real estate professional, or a counselor at a HUD-approved housing counseling agency before you pay a fee or sign anything.

To find attorneys who represent consumers, visit the National Association of Consumer Advocates.

This brochure was created by Consumer Action’s Housing Information Project. © 2007 Consumer Action. Rights Reserved.